Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Fun Garden Mosaic Digital Scrapbook Layout

When I have a lot of photos of the flowers in my garden I like to make mosaic-style layouts for my album. However, I had not made one since I stopped paper scrapping several years ago. How well I remember sitting for hours with scissors cutting my photos into small squares (ack!) and then tediously gluing them onto my background paper. I always loved the results, but it was only once in awhile that I would take the amount of time necessary to put a mosaic together.

Well, a couple of days ago I came across Vinnie Pearce's totally cool Blocks Page Mask. All I had to do was position my photos on top of the mask, re-size as desired, and then use a quick Photoshop CS3 shortcut (CNTL-G) to "clip" my photos to the mask. That's IT! The mask also came with a "dirty edges" layer. I removed the dirty edges from the blocks that show my flowers, but left it on for the title blocks. I like how it looks! I then added a dirty edge to my background paper to tie it all together. Kinda reminiscent of what my hands look like after I've spent the afternoon in my garden!

I hope the weather is as pretty in your neck of the woods as it is here in California.

Happy Spring!

No comments: