Thursday, July 3, 2008

Happy Independence Day!

I love the 4th of July. I love flags, red-white-and-blue, stars & stripes, parades, barbecues, watermelon, apple pie, bicycles decorated with streamers, picnics, plaid blankets, ice cream, fireworks, sandals, the beach, old buttons, taffy and popcorn. Yeah, the 4th reminds me of all these things.

In the little town I live in we're having what is called the Torchlight Parade tonight. I love that parade. All the groups in town participate; the politicians, the local stores, dance troupes, theatre groups, musicians, even the library and animal rescue groups. Absolutely everyone in town is there, plus people from neighboring towns, and it's just a rousing good time! Tomorrow there will be a town picnic from 10 a.m. to early evening, including arts & crafts booths, food booths, and tons of entertainment; then a street dance, and finally, a great fireworks show. There is definitely something for everyone.

I'll come home with lots of photos; my favorite photo of the day is going to be slipped right into the layout above. This layout is a premade page, custom-designed by me, and it is a freebie this month for my newsletter subscribers and now, for my blog readers as well. All you have to do is send me an email with one photo attached and with "Proud to be an American" in the subject line. In return you will receive a digital copy (not a printout) of the above layout with your photo in it, and whatever other journaling or photo caption you like. Absolutely free. The layout will be yours to print, share with others via email, or upload to the web.

But hurry, this is ONLY for July! (please allow up to 4 weeks to receive your free layout.)

Meanwhile, have a wonderful, and thankful, Fourth of July! God Bless America.

No comments: