Saturday, July 18, 2009

More Ways to Spice up Your Photos in Photoshop

Still working my way through the on-line class I'm taking at Jessica Sprague's website, "Photo Editing: Frame-ups & Special Effects." I'm about 3/4 through the lessons, but am hoping to also have time to do the extra assignments at the end of each lesson; those are in addition to the layouts we students create during each lesson. I have to admit - I love learning.

So here's my first storyboard! These are really fun, especially choosing just the right photos that will convey a story. I love how this turned out. These are soooo nice, framed, and hung on the wall. I think I'll be doing just that with this one!
We also learned to create collages. Well, I've created lots of collages; still, I enjoyed working through this lesson and, while doing so, got NINE of the photos from our recent trip to Kauai on a layout! Heck, it's ready for my album! I think the photos I chose really give a good representation of our zipline tour (my first ever) and (bonus!) this layout is ready to be printed and placed in my album.
Here's the same layout with some additional techniques added. I changed all the photos to a sepia tone using a hue/saturation adjustment layer, then painted over the center square to let the color show through. Added some additional words, a dropshadow to "Zipline," and it's a totally different (and totally cool) look!
Okay, so I know I told you that I'd have a new freebie for you soon, and I will, I promise!! It's on my list for tomorrow. I have a lot of catching up to do with stuff for my little scrapbooker-for-hire/digital design business but the freebie is #1 on the Master To-Do List.

I hope you are all enjoying your summer - I know I am! If you'd like to read more about what I'm doing in my personal life, check out my other blog, Debz Talkin'.

No matter which blog you read, please leave me a comment (with email address). I love to hear from you, would enjoy knowing what kinds of freebies you'd like (personalized stuff???), what you've learned recently, where you've vacationed, where you live.....uh, yeah, I AM kinda nosey! I enjoy people, and want to know about you!


No comments: