Friday, December 7, 2007

Warped Photos

I've been working through another one of Steve Patterson's tutorials (photoshopessentials.com); this time on how to warp photos and then create a collage using another photo as a background image. It's really fun! I only did one photo which I then placed on a background, only because I'm a little limited on time today. My warped photo is certainly not perfect -- I need more practice getting the shadows and highlights right so that the 3-D look is correct, but I thought my first effort came out pretty darn good! I love how the photo seems to pop right off the background. My little brain is whirling with all the cool ways I can use this technique.
This particular photo is of a pelican in Morro Bay, and placed on a background photo of the Morro Bay estuary. Yeah, I can think of lots of ways to use this fun technique. Gotta love those tutorials at Photoshop Essentials.com!!

No comments: